|Jorge Soberon, Consul General of Cuba|
The speakers were: Jorge Soberon Consul General of Cuba in Toronto, Magdalena Diaz activist with Occupy Toronto, John Clarke organizer for the Ontario Coalition Against Poverty, Francisco Gomez International Council of Latin American and Caribbean Women of Canada - Latin@s , Farid Ayad National President of the Canadian Arab Federation, B.C. Holmes representing the Toronto Haiti Action Committee, Tyler Mackinnon chairperson, Youth for Socialist Action, and Barry Weisleder Federal Secretary, Socialist Action, and Toronto substitute teachers' organizer.
M.C. Elizabeth Byce, federal Treasurer, NDP Socialist Caucus, and retired member of the Toronto Local, Canadian Union of Postal Workers, welcomed everyone and also introduced the entertainers: Robin Banks, international jazz and blues recording artist; Ross Ashley of the Common Thread Community Chorus; Glen Hornblast, folk singer on the social justice scene with a new CD titled “Once in a Blue Moon”; and Bill Heffernan, activist, teacher and song smith. The crowd honoured the memory of recently deceased, beloved SA-USA leader Gerry Foley, and together movingly sang The Internationale to mark the occasion.
Click on the titles for the videos of the speakers and entertainers:
- Jorge Soberon || Consul Generalof Cuba in Toronto
- Francisco Gomez || International Council of Latin American and Caribbean Women of Canada -Latin@s
- John Clarke || Organizer for the Ontario CoalitionAgainst Poverty
- Tyler Mackinnon || Chairperson, Youth for Socialist Action
- Barry Weisleder || Federal Secretary, Socialist Action
- Ross Ashley of Common Thread Community Chorus